Ybycui National Park, Birds, Forests and Waterfalls.
PBNPY7_Full-day or 2 days
Just 150 km from Asuncion, this tour takes us to see a beautiful national park that conserves more than 5,000 hectares of a very interesting ecosystem that we call Forest of Central Paraguay, which contain many elements especially in Birds of the Atlantic Forest of Alto Paraná. The site has wonderful landscape beauty, as well as several species of endemic birds of the Atlantic Forest ecosystem. These are some of the very interesting birds that can be observed: White-browed Woodpecker, Spot-backed Antshrike, Rufous Gnateater, Rufous-breasted Leaftosser, Plain-winged Woodcreeper, White-browed Foliage-gleaner, Ocher-breasted Foliage-gleaner, White-eyed Foliage-gleaner, Sharp-tailed Streamcreeper, Southern Bristle-Tyrant, Gray-hooded Flycatcher, Cliff Flycatcher, Eared Pygmy-Tyrant, Swallow-tailed Manakin, Greenish Schiffornis, Rufous-crowned Greenlet, Ruby-crowned Tanager, Chestnut-bellied and Violaceous Euphonia and Blue-naped Chlorophonia with many other species of birds that will allow a very interesting list of about 70 to 100 species on average, depending on the time of the year. Walking on its trails is really nice, its streams and waterfalls are really wonderful, you will be very pleasantly surprised of this little piece of paradise.,
- Length: Full-day or 2-day tours (You can spend the night in the surroundings of the reserve in basic but comfortable lodgings, to stay one more day request and we will gladly give you the option)
- Species in the trip: 300 Number of bird species expected: 60 – 110
- Tour Pace & Walking: To get to the site, we will have about 2.5 hours in a car. We will walk on relatively flat trails with few obstacles.
- Focus: Bird and wildlife observation. Walk in wonderful landscapes.
- Recommended season: All year.
- Suggested extensions: Depending on the number of additional days you have and the species of your interest, we suggest that you observe our list of Paraguay and regional tours that are easy to connect.